*Please note this blog post may contain affiliate links!
Can we just all agree that as an adult it is SO hard to meet friends. Once you become a mom you have an even bigger layer of self consciousness about “mom shaming” to deal with which adds to the difficulty of making friends!
Well after 16 months I can say how truly important it is to find mom friends that have kids close to your children’s ages. You go through the ups and downs together and can lean on one another for advice. This is really important to me since my mom isn’t here to give me advice.
But how do you meet the mom friends? Here are some tips that I have picked up since I have had Tripp!
Places to meet mom friends:
- Local mom groups [Facebook, Fit4mom, MOPS]
- Local Play Areas [indoor playgrounds, bounce houses, gyms]
Okay so you made it to some great places to meet moms but how do you talk to them?
- Say hello!
- Give a compliment! [Like I love your shoes or earrings] Be sincere!
- If conversation gets to flowing ask her name!
- Put yourself out there, say hey we should grab coffee, wine or meet up at a park sometime!
- Exchange numbers [and then send a text to plan a mom date]
Don’t be afraid of rejection. It happens and you wouldn’t want to be friends with someone like that anyway! The majority of moms are looking to meet other mom friends to socialize with. Just keep trying and you will find that perfect mom group!
How do you make mom friends?
XOXO Gabbing Ginger